Tuesday, June 08, 2010

SAYING GOODBYE TO LARKI...MY BEST FRIEND...


From time to time, people tell me, "Lighten up, it's just a dog!"  They just don't get it....Some of my happiest moments came about with "Just a dog!"  Hours have passed, significant others have come and gone, and my only company was "Just a dog!" Not that I minded...she was the best company in the world...Always there, somehow she always knew just when to sit next to me, and when to let me be.   I had her when she looked no bigger than a toothbrush, and had been with her for the past sixteen years. During that time, she was my loyal companion.  She has been my only constant.

Today, my saddest moment is brought about by "Just a dog!"  When I got her, I knew she wouldn't live forever, whoever decides to get a pet knows this.  However, I don't think anyone is ever prepared for the day they leave or much less make the resolution to have them go.  Some of my darkest days were made brighter by the gentle touch of "Just a dog!"  She always gave me comfort and reason to overcome even the hardest days.

Those that think it's "Just a dog!" have never had the opportunity to feel the true essence of loyalty, trust, friendship, compassion, and patience that "Just a dog!" or better yet "Just an animal!" can bring into your life.  Because of "Just a dog!"  I would wake up early, take long walks on the beach, and dream of my future! 

So, you see, to me, she wasn't "Just a dog!"  She was my best friend,!  The best friend who showed only unconditional love, even on the days when I  wasn't the best to be around.  She knew just what face to give to make it all better.  She brought about what was good in me, and took me away from the hassles of life.  She kept me from being selfish, and stay a little more human...so those of you that still think that it's "Just a dog!"......you "Just don't get it!"


Larkiyou will always be in my heart!

No comments: